The physical birth of the divine Spirit God named Jesus, meaning “Salvation,” into His human form is one of the most well-known and inspiring portions of the entire Bible.
But is there something millions of believing Christians are missing when they read the accounts in the New Testament?
The answer is a resounding yes, according to the author of a best-selling book revealing hidden messages secretly embedded by God into Scripture.
Appearing on the popular Bible program “Shabbat Night Live,” Joe Kovacs, author of “Reaching God Speed: Unlocking the Secret Broadcast Revealing the Mystery of Everything,” explored not just the historical events surrounding Jesus’ birth, but the phenomenal additional meanings that become obvious when we open our “eyes to see” and “ears to hear” on the metaphoric, Spirit level of parables.
Noting that Jesus “did not tell them anything without a parable” (Matthew 13:34 CSB) and that He is constantly “declaring the end from the beginning” (Isaiah 46:10 KJV), telegraphing the conclusion of the story right from the start, Kovacs focused on the shepherds who famously visited Jesus on the night of his birth in Bethlehem, and then returned afterward with the glorious good news to spread.
He explained that singular event clearly reveals not only the incredible events of that night, but also what has been happening since then and will happen again in the future kingdom of God.
“The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things they had seen and heard, which were just as they had been told” (Luke 2:20 CSB).
Kovacs said the shepherds of the ancient past actually represent anyone who is shepherding people to the knowledge of God, even the spiritual shepherds of today.
Kovacs said, “So, the shepherds are going to return. Not just in the event in the past, the shepherds are going to return in the future,” he told host Scott Laird. “Because anyone who shepherds God’s people is a teacher of God’s people. And the shepherds are going to be resurrected.”
“The Bible talks about this in Jeremiah 3:15. Again, part of God speed and getting up to the spirit level is connecting the dots from all over the Bible. It’s ‘here a little, there a little’ (Isaiah 28:10), and you have to put the pieces together to understand the big jigsaw puzzle that the Bible is. You know, the Bible doesn’t tell you everything in one spot. God is a good Author. He makes you read the entire book to be able to put the book together.”
“The Book of Jeremiah says … ‘I will give you shepherds who are loyal to me, and they will shepherd you with knowledge and skill’ (Jeremiah 3:15 CSB).
“‘I will raise up shepherds over them who will tend them.’” (Jeremiah 23:4 CSB)
Kovacs then jumped back to the New Testament story of Jesus’ birth to connect the dots and unlock the prophecy.
“So these shepherds then ‘reported the message they were told about this child’ in Luke 2:17.”
The Gospel of Luke states: “They reported the message they were told about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them” (Luke 2:17–18 CSB).
“So this is really a prophecy for the FUTURE. God is going to raise up people from the grave to shepherd other people who didn’t understand the message in the first round. And all they that HEARD – you gotta finally hear the message of God with your ears to hear – you’re going to wonder at those things that were told. It’s amazingly good news when you learn that you can live forever and not die.
“Everyone’s afraid of death right now. That’s why the world is in the state we’re in. Everybody’s panicking. ‘Will I have enough food? Will I have enough money to pay my bills and all that?’ Because we’re afraid of dying. But when you’re not afraid of dying, that’s where the victory comes. The victory has already been won by Christ. He has been raised from the dead, and He is the Captain of our salvation (Hebrews 2:10). He is the Forerunner, so that WE are going to be raised from the dead too.”
“So once the shepherds return [in the future], they’re going to broadcast the message to the world, just as [other previous shepherds] did 2,000 years ago to all these physical people. We’re gonna do it again in the future.” WATCH THE INTERVIEW:
In “Reaching God Speed,” the author writes: “The shepherds (all leaders of God’s people in this current time) are going to return in the future, to glorify and praise God for all the things they had seen and heard. This return will take place when they are resurrected from the dead and raised to immortal life to report the message again, instructing people a second time on how to receive eternal life!
“The good news given to the shepherds of the past is also the good news about the shepherds of the future. Those shepherds are anyone and everyone who believes the message of God, repents of their sin (the breaking of God’s laws) and allows Jesus – the true food, the true bread from heaven found in the house of bread in the city of the beloved – to fill their own body and literally become part of them.”
“Thus, the glorious end of our story has been declared from the very beginning of Jesus’ physical life,” he adds.
The author, perhaps best known for his “Shocked by the Bible” series, also explains why the Bible makes such a big deal out of the Son of God being placed in a manger.
“A manger is simply a feeding box for animals. It’s where the food is,” Kovacs says. “Even in basic French class, one of the first verbs we all learn is ‘manger,’ which means ‘to eat.’
“And why is this significant? Because when we connect the dots from other parts of Scripture, we realize that this child lying in a feeding box in Bethlehem (which means the ‘house of bread’ or ‘house of food’) is more than just a typical baby. He is our true food, the real bread from heaven, as is stated numerous times in the Gospel of John. We don’t get eternal life unless we feed on and follow His teachings.”
Endorsed by Chuck Norris and other Christian champions, “Reaching God Speed” is nothing short of a breakthrough work, as it probes God’s hidden messages embedded in popular movies, hit songs from (Adele and the Beatles to Frank Sinatra and Led Zeppelin), the stories we tell our children, everyday phrases we all say, historic news events, famous commercial campaigns, nature itself, and typical life activities such as such as inhaling every breath you take, sleeping, waking up and many more.
It features a myriad of stunning biblical revelations, as the book:
- Solves with clarity three of the greatest mysteries in Scripture, unveiling the surprisingly simple meaning of “the beast,” “the number of the beast” and “the mark of the beast”
- Easily explains how God embeds hidden messages forecasting the future in the physical, historical events recorded in Scripture
- Examines the miracle of turning water into wine at a wedding, revealing why this famous event took place “on the third day,” why water was poured into six large containers, and why its instant transformation into the most perfect wine has a sublime meaning that goes far beyond what anyone has ever discussed
- Unwraps the secret messages concerning the human birth of God, including the spirit significance of Jesus in a manger, the real reason the shepherds “returned,” and the never-trumpeted, majestic picture the entire story depicts for your own glorious future
- Unmasks the miracle of the blind man healed by washing mud off his eyes. Clue: There’s something intriguing about the mud that becomes obvious when we connect the dots in Scripture
- Reveals the incredible reason the Bible constantly mentions “three days” in both the Old and New Testaments. It goes far beyond the time Jesus spent in the heart of the earth.
- Unveils the sublime, additional meanings emanating from “Let there be light” and “In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” There’s much more to the beginning than you’ve ever imagined.
- Illuminates the reason the darkness of night will ultimately be eliminated, and only never-ending light will exist
- Broadcasts the never-before-trumpeted meaning of the Exodus out of Egypt. The ancient event in the days of Moses is actually a picture of something tremendous and glorious that’s still to come in your future
- Explains the incredible meaning behind serpents crawling on their bellies
- Dishes the astounding secret behind the Second Passover, and the fantastic future it holds for billions of people
- Investigates the double meaning concerning “Doubting Thomas,” and the stunning good news it contains for everyone who’s ever doubted God or any Bible story
- Announces the unheard, spirit meaning regarding raising children
- Shines the light on why ancient Egyptians were paralyzed with three straight days of darkness, while God’s people in Goshen had light in their dwellings
- Illuminates the surprising and inspiring meaning of a “darkness that can be felt” (Hint: it’s something you can do right this second)
- Explains what Jesus specifically meant by “outer darkness”
- Clearly reveals why the Bible repeatedly mentions pagan peoples such as Canaanites, Amorites, Hittites, Girgashites, Jebusites and Hivites. It goes far beyond these ancient tribes with tough-to-pronounce names, as it actually refers to certain people alive today with whom you deal every day
- Tells why Scripture so often talks about thorns and thistles. They’re far more than just sharp prickers growing in your garden
- Explores the untold meaning of the conflict between David and Goliath: it has gigantic significance that Sunday-school teachers seem to have missed
- Fishes out astonishing secret messages God has embedded in the famous story of Jonah being swallowed by a great fish. The scales will finally fall off your eyes when you finally see what you’ve been missing. Plus hundreds more …
The book rocketed to the #1 position in several Amazon categories both before and since its official release.
(Note: ‘Reaching God Speed’ is now an audiobook, plus Amazon has hardcover editions of this book back in stock! Hardcovers may also be available through other booksellers, including Barnes & Noble, Books-A-Million, and ConservativeReaders.)
Those wishing to contact or interview Joe Kovacs can email him here.
For 25 years, WND has boldly brought you the news that really matters. If you appreciate our Christian journalists and their uniquely truthful reporting and analysis, please help us by becoming a WND Insider!
Content created by the WND News Center is available for re-publication without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact email@example.com.
This article was originally published by the WND News Center.